Monday 29 July 2013

My Week #30

Welcome to My Week #30.

I am now somewhat back on track with posts (More to come of the Filofax Photo-A-Day, Weeks 3+4)

This week I am calling my Skeggy Week (due to the fact that I was in Skegness most of the week)

Welcome to Skegness
Welcome to Skegness
Week 30_1
Week 30 - Part 1
The weather was fabulous (we did have some thunderstorms, but they cleared really quickly which was fantastic), so on Monday we headed towards the beach to relax (I read Amy: My Daughter - Mitch Winehouse, a very sad book regarding Amy Winehouse's life and her battle with drink and drugs).

We also took Thomas to a dinosar themed park called 'Lost World', it wasn't too bad but me and my partner think they were still building most of it while we were there (this theory was confirmed by news report on the local news when they were opening).

Me on Skeggy Beach
Me on Skegness Beach
As you can see the sun was out in full force. We did spend some of the week at Fantasy Island due to Thomas having a weekly wristband

Week 30_2
Week 30 - Part 2

The holiday camp we were staying at had their own arcades that dealt out tickets, so we spent some time acquring tickets for thomas to get an Angry Bird cuddly toy (2,000, but we ended up getting 2,876 tickets overall)

On the Friday, us adults got day wristbands and managed to get on some of the rides at Fantasy Island, I was overjoyed to get on the Millenium rollercoaster as the last time I had been on that was with my grandfather years ago.

We came back on Saturday, but spent some time on the sea front as the local RNLI was having an open day and were launching their rescue boats at 3pm

Skegness Lifeboat Day
RNLI Skegness

We had a good last day, my mum won a bottle of wine, we watched the launch of the rescue boats, and had a last ice cream of the holiday.

Overall last week was a great week.

Thanks for tuning in

Gemma
xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment