Wednesday 29 May 2013

Uni-Ball Signo UM120SP Sparkling


(Disclosure: I have not been asked by companies to review anything, these are my own opinions regarding stationery that I have bought myself) 

I bought these pens from cult pens as I thought the would be a good addition to my pen pot and would add a bit of sparkle to my Filofax.

From cult pens they are £1.62 (separately, you can buy a pack of 12 BUT only in the one colour), they also come in a range of colours (8 in total). I bought 3 to test out (Sparkling Green, Violet, and Red).



The packaging is simple in its design (this is a somewhat standard feature with the Signo UM-120 pens), the tubing contains glitter distributed inside the barrel, while the ink is still visible through the barrier. 
The pen itself wrote smoothly across the page, the pen wasn't scratchy, and the nib size wasn't to bad either.
I found the pens to be easy to write with but the distribution of the ink varied greatly, the pen would write for so long then nothing would come out, also when it did the ink would be quite blobby.



I found that even though the pens were blobby, they didn't bleed through 80gsm paper, (I will admit the violet pen did somewhat bleed through, but not bad enough that you couldn't write over).

I found that these pens were nice but due to them not writing constantly and having to go back over what I had  previously written, (which would then make the writing just look scruffy), I won't be buying any more then what I already have, I know some people may like these pens but I honestly didn't.

No comments:

Post a Comment